I travel in several circles of people in my life, some safely within bounds of church or like-minded people of faith. But I spend just as much time with people who hold varying, even differing opinions than me, most not yet embracing things of faith or Christianity. And it is within these relationships I am often asked in some form what about the Christian faith is so appealing to me, or why I care about trying to bring my faith to others. “So why are you a pastor anyway?” “Why are you starting a new church, aren’t there plenty of churches already?” “What made you decide to become a Christian?”
I get it that faith sharing, or the official term for explaining faith, apologetics, can be daunting, but if we put it into the context of being asked our experience, it can simplify things. So why do I feel it is worthwhile to share about Jesus?
In a nutshell it is because I have seen and experienced that God can and still does transform persons, situations, attitudes, and lives! It is all about change. By definition change means transforming something from one thing to another. Hopefully it is from something less desirable to something better.
I have personally seen in myself or others:
- marriages saved from years of infidelity and abusive behavior – to a loving, restored relationship.
- Years of bad decisions / habits / lifestyles / addictions healed for wholeness and joy.
- People paralyzed by hopelessness and hurt – to become healthy and positive additions to society.
- Simply selfish / thoughtless people become caring and compassionate to reach out to those around with goodness and positivity.
- Guilt that prevents any happiness forgiven to free persons for pursuing true and abundant life.
- Folks convinced by lifetimes of telling themselves or hearing from others that they are useless, worthless and of no value – to be embraced and filled by a sense that they actually matter to God! And that releases them from the trappings of the lies to lives of peace and possibilities of hope and fulfillment.
CHRISTMAS CAROL SING-ALONG - Join us December 3rd at 6PM for our annual Christmas Carol Sing-Along at our Sandown Campus. Our Minister of Technology Ricky Russell transforms the sanctuary in to a winter wonderland as we belt out songs of praise and Christmas cheer. Lead by Sandown Campus Pastor Beth Soucise we have a great evening including caroling, games, prizes, desserts and more! Feel free to bring a dessert and wear your best Christmas clothing and accessories to add to the festivities and decor.