It’s crunch time! We are just a week and a half away from our biggest outreach event of the year! Our For Our Community Day of Service is coming up on Saturday May 18th. So here is my top 10 list why you will want to be a part of this great event!
10) There are over 30 projects spread over more than a dozen community. By participating, you get to be a part of something REALLY BIG that is making a big difference in our communities.
9) Free T-shirts. We have a brand new, super cool, T-shirt designed for this year. Every person who preregisters get one of these beauties!
8) Make new friends. This is a great opportunity to not only do great work, but do it together with some great people. You might even make a new friend.
7) You get to choose. If you go to this link, you can see all of the projects listed out and you get to choose which project you want to be a part of.
6) Ministry wide and open to the community. Because this will involve all of our Rock Church campuses, we have the opportunity to connect to folks who we don’t get to see every week. And because it is open to the community, we can also invite our neighbors (who we don’t get to see enough).
5) Free lunch. After the work, everyone is invited back to our Plaistow location for a giant BBQ. There will be inflatable for the kids. It will be a great time to celebrate the excellent work that was accomplished.
4) Projects for all skill levels and ages. We have intentionally chosen the projects in order to be sure there is work for people at all ages and all skill levels. It is a family friendly events, so kids are welcome. What a great way to teach our kids the value of hard work and helping others.
3) It is only half a day. The work will take place from 8:00 to lunchtime. Because there are so many of us working together, you get to make a big impact in a short time.
2) Shine the light of Christ. By serving others, we get to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and help the world to know that there is a God that loves them and Christ followers who want to bless them!
1) FUN! Every person who participate last year agreed, it was a blast!
So, if you haven’t signed up yet, please go to this link and sign up today. I did hear from a couple of folks who do not have access to the web or had difficulty the form. If you were not able to sign up online, just email me at email@example.com and I, or someone from event team, will follow up with you to help you get signed up.